Monday, November 08, 2004

Eavesdropping As Sport

Overheard on the train:

Hipster DJ 1: Dude, check out this killer white label I got!
(Hipster DJ 2 looks at record, which has no writing on it)
Hipster DJ 2: Sweet. What is it?
Hipster DJ 1: It's this amazing John Tesh/Mr. Mister mash up! You won't believe it! It sounds like Gerry Rafferty or something!
Hipster DJ 2: Awesome. Are you gonna spin it at your gig?
Hipster DJ 1: Yeah man, it goes really well between that Mike & The Mechanics song that I always play and 24-7 Spyz.
Hipster DJ 2: Sounds great-- when was that gig again?
Hipster DJ 1: It's on Wednesday from 5 to 7 at the laundromat.
Hipster DJ 2: Laundromat? Where's that?
Hipster DJ 1: You know-- the laundromat around the corner from my house. I'm gonna fuckin wash my clothes while I spin! Is that rad or what?
Hipster DJ 2: Weird. Ok, I'll come before I go to work at the bar.
Hipster DJ 1: No dude-- it's at 5 to 7 in the morning! All the hot chicks do their laundry in the morning!
Hipster DJ 2: Um... I'll see if I can make it...

Louvin Brothers "While You're Cheating On Me" (buy)

No comments: