Friday, February 06, 2004

Maybe Even a Salamander...?

OK, so you know that "scientific" theory about throwing a frog in boiling water? You know, the one that says if you put the frog in cold water and gradually raise the heat until the water is boiling, you will kill the frog, but if you try to throw the frog in water that is already boiling, he will simply jump out? Well, I think these wannabe-sadists aren't trying hard enough. Because if you get a pot that is tall enough, then put boiling water in the bottom, then throw in the frog, he won't be able to jump high enough, and will die in the boliling water. Also, I think the theory might apply to freezing. That is: put the frog in cold water and gradually decrease the temperature until you have a frog-cicle. I think it would work, but I don't have time to try it right now. And I don't have a frog.

No comments: